Finally

After about 11 months, my movie, going to be showing at the Western film fest, will be done very soon. I think i have about 5 more scenes and then as many fixes as a want to do, then some quick editing, then i am done. 7 minutes of pure animation, i have no idea how many hours i spent working on it, or how many hours the computer spent rendering it, but it sure is a big thing.

And something that makes me feel good, is that in movies like the incredibles, the animators probably only get a minute of their own work in the whole movie, while i get a whole 7 minutes.

Another thing i have noticed with animation, is how much detail you can see in your own work. I can see every tiny, little mistake and every thing i like, everytime i watch it.

Animation also taught me about, good preparation, always plan how you will do everything, before starting a giant project, such as editing, animating, modelling etc. and work hard on all of it, because it will save you lots of time later.

But something else i learned, is that you can start a scene in a movie, with only a thought about what it will look like and just let it build ifself, this usually works.

And finally, always take an extra five minutes at the end of getting a scene, ready to check everything, before commiting to five hours of computer rendering and finding that is leaf is blocking the camera ( this actually happened today).

And my finally thought of the day, is that when playing halo with a cold, all of your symptomes will suddenly disappear, no runny nose, no headache, no tiredness, no coughing. Though i did find that after playing for too long, right after i sometimes did get a little headache. I wonder why this happens...

Kyler (the guy you should be hating)

4 comments:

Kyler said...

I have a feeling that halo cures colds because of some sort of adrenaline thing, because this also happened when i was playing squash. I guess you body just has to get into action mode and doesn't have time to be sick.

total said...

Hmm....perhaps Halo is the miracle cure for everything...

Perhaps, it's also a good idea for me to try Halo for my migraines.

I think I have to agree with Ada, about how positivity is the ultimate cure. It's because it gets your mind off of the suckiness of negativeness.

Also, congrats on the movie, I do indeed look forward to it!!

Arun.

Anonymous said...

Hey Kyler!

You're too awesome to be real. Are you a robot? I'm confused now. Anyways, I'm very impressed with this entire blog. This is the first time I've visited it, and so therefore I will leave this one comment for everything.

Firstly, I am very excited to see your finished movie! I can't wait till the french class where you demonstrate it to the class! Muahahah, and we'll be all so very impressed...and then be kinda creeped out that you had that much time on your hands, but then we'll love you for it anyways.

Secondly, I love your pictures. It's nice to know some visual memories can be kept in places other than our brains.

In summary, You're the coolest nerd ever! I'm so glad you're in all my classes.... and that our siblings are buddies. Keep up the picture-taking, and the other technologically advanced things you do!

Dan

Anonymous said...

crazy crazy crazy....who would have though you to have such a fantastic blog !-) i'm entirely imprssed little bro!

very good *chuckles*....hmmm...now I'm going to have to work extra hard to show you up (dan...lj, blogg, 5 email adresses...I'm going to go insane)