Beginning another theory of Everything

Last year I felt that I had a good grasp on the physical world with an exceptionally vague theory of everything. I still stand by that theory and think that it will proven to be fairly accurate once the Large Hadron Collider is turned on and Higg's Particles are discovered.

This year however my focus as shifted to humanity and I have been learning about where we come from and what we are doing here. All of this understanding has been growing out of reading Atlas Shrugged, A New Earth, Meme Machine and various other books. It's going to take a lot more than a single blog posts to get all of my ideas together, but here is a start.

The first idea that I think is important to discuss is that of Universal Evolution. I am not simply talking about biologic Darwin evolution. I am attempting to describe the fundamental mechanism that makes all forms of evolution work. The fundamental piece of all evolution is the replicator. Anything that self propagates itself is the thing that is going to exist. Competition will develop between different replicators and through natural selection the best ones will continue to survive.

The distinction I am attempting to make first is that a replicator doesn't need to be a living thing. It can be an idea, or a way of doing something. It can be an internet meme like a LOLcat. Anything that can cause more of itself, or very similar versions of itself can be considered a replicator.

Replicators are what are around us. Very rarely will we ever come across something that is not a replicator, since by their very nature replicators will be everywhere.

Kyler

No comments: