Joys of Learning

It is spring break and my friend lent me his juggling pins.

I have juggled for a really long time and am fairly skilled at it. However I never learned how to juggle pins.

Now what is so interesting about this is just how amazing the learning process is, and how clearly I can see it in this case.

The first day I simply learned how to throw one pin between my hands. I only practiced for about ten minutes and then stopped.

And then I waited till the next day and worked on two pins. About ten minutes again.

Waited till the next day, worked on two pins again, and sometimes threw in a third pin with really bad attempts. Again only practiced for about ten minutes.

Lo and behold, today I pick up the three pins, and with almost no difficulty am able to keep all three going for a few moments. I practiced again for about 10 minutes. Tomorrow I will be even better.

What is so amazing about this is that I think the fact is that you only need to practice something like this for a fairly brief period, and due to your ability to learn while sleeping, you will get better at it over time. As long as you don't attempt to rush learning, it can be done extremely easily.

Kyler

No comments: