Curious Incident of the Pathfinder in the Nightime

On New Years Eve I went to Mikael's New Years Eve party. It was a very enjoyable party and was a great way to see everybody off for the next half of the school year.

Though the after party ended up being very different.

Tiff, Kim and I left the party at about 1:30, and started to drive home. We had just gotten onto Bow Bottom trail north leaving Deer Run. As we were crossing an intersection. A minivan which had a stop sign pulled into the intersection and struck the passenger side doors of our Pathfinder. Both cars spun, ours right through the intersection into the oncoming lane, the other stayed in the intersection.




Thankfully, the roads were empty. A few cars stopped to help, most importantly an off duty fireman who quickly called 911, and I think he even bypassed it to get the firemen there more quickly.

Everybody in both cars were fine, though I think everybody was going through varying levels of shock.



It took a few hours to clean everything up and fill out the reports.

Lots of people joke about how they feel that New Years doesn't make the world feel any different, this time, it actually did.

I know this incident really sucked for everybody involved, though I have been able to actually gain some interesting insight.

For one thing, I very rarely get overly stressed about anything, this is one of the few times I have been consumed by stress. And I was actually able to see how well things like movies, video games and music were at making me feel better by at least getting my mind off of what had happened.

Also, I'm fairly sure I could see this appearing in at least one piece of art in the next semester.

I'm really just thankful everybody is ok.

Kyler

1 comment:

Frood Bird said...

Oh my goodness! I'm so glad you're ok...