First Week Back at the Art Mines

Well I have been back at ACAD for a week and all is going well. I will rundown all my classes.


Jewelery and Metals

This class is probably going to be very interesting, I've already learned how to light a torch, which is not very hard, but exciting none the less. What really surprised me is how much of jewelery is actually chemistry: oxidation, reduction, combustion, metals, alloys, acids, bases, electrode, anodes, etc...

Unfortunately, my IB higher level knowledge is really of no use, since we don't have to calculate anything, or make anything up. But knowing is nice, none the less.



Humanities

Where we learn to be humans.... I think


Or various things that everybody should know about philosophy, and critical thinking.

I'm just excited about the debates that will come up in class.

And I don't think I really like Plato ( don't hold me to that, I haven't thought about it too thoroughly).

Painting

Well we will be painting, and that is all I really know.



Art History

Same teacher, just a continuation, hilarious as always.



Design Drawing

This is my tough class. And the class that will actually make me good at drawing. The class dynamics is already really strong and the teacher is really involved in helping us get better at drawing.

And I must say, that I think I made a good first impression with this teacher. Then continued with a second bad impression, and probably alternated between for the rest of the class. Tapering off somewhere near the middle.



Important skill

This last week, I have discovered the secret to making friends. Learn their names, and they will be your friend. And the secret to learning names, ask. And I mean ask repeatedly. If you forget, just ask, and they will tell you, and then ask your name because they forgot also. Because absolutely nobody is actually "good" with names.



Kyler

3 comments:

Rob said...

kyler, you are hilarious. glad you had a good week back!

Anonymous said...

Kyler. Design drawing is the worst class ever. And painting is the best! And jewlery. lol have a good weekend!

Anonymous said...

Plato is alright, but Nietzsche is way cooler. :)

Good to hear you're having fun.

-Lauren (long time no talk!)