10 thousand pictures or Geometry Wars

I just check and I have about 10 000 pictures in my pictures folder.

This may seem excessive. However, countless times I have been lost for a subject for a drawing, or a card, or some other thing that I just have to make.

I have 2 options for coming up with an idea.

Option 1

Open up Picasa and scan through all of my pictures. Within minutes I will probably find something that will work for pretty much anything. Plus, the bonus is that I can take credit for the photo and don't have to give any credit to an internet source.

Option 2

I have used this second method successfully about 10 times. My new physics theory, my next film idea, and my city painting are examples all came out of this method. What is it? I turn on some good music and play geometry wars. I no longer have to concentrate mentally on playing the game, so I can still think about other stuff, but I am distracted enough that for some reason I can get ideas really quickly. Plus I get the bonus of playing a video game.

Kyler Kelly

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dang! That's cool! Maybe you should do a research study on how geometry wars alters the mindset of the individual and possibly heightens their sense of creativity or the like?