Rhino Class

I am taking one computer course at ACAD this semester. It is really my first computer class at the college, since I would rather spend my time learning things I have less experience with. The class is Jwlm 216: 3d modeling for rapid prototyping. It layman's terms: we learn how to design things on the computer so a robot could make them.

When I signed up for the class, I had hopes that it would be different from any of the other 3d computer class offered at Acad, and I was luckily right. I don't think there is any more technical class in the school, both because of what we are learning, and by how knowledgeable our teacher is. I have had lots of experience with 3d graphics and computers, and still, every week I am surprise when our teacher can explain something about the process that I didn't know.

Here are some of the projects that I have made for this class. What I find most appealing about these designs is actually how they exist on the computer in the original 3d file. They are simply described by different mathematical curves called nurbs that all join together to form the final object. They are (when made correctly) sort of like ideal objects since they have infinite precision (technically, not practically).





I think the teapot render is pretty much the nicest render I have ever done.
The teapot is inspired by Jutta Sikka's original, however the color design is all my own doing.

Kyler

No comments: