Sita Sings the Blues

I have gone to my first movie of the film festival that is going on here in Montreal.

The film was called "Sita Sings the Blues".

The first notable feature of this film is that it is feature length and was written and animated by one woman. I don't think that should be the selling point of this film however. It is important in how it affects the movie. It impacts every aspect of this film, from the animation, to the story, to music, to vocals. There are serious limitations in creating a film by oneself, and they imposed themselves strictly on this film.

So I guess I take back what I said about this being a solo work making it a selling point. It truely is the selling point of this film, it is what makes this films form so different from anything that we normally see at the movies. We normally see massive undertakings of giant groups of people, which I think start to dilute some of possibilities that exist in individual people.

So, if you ever see this title somewhere, (which I highly doubt as it is an extremely independant film), than go see it.

Kyler

No comments: