Drawing + 2d + 1d revisited

I try to go to a free life drawing session every week. This week I tried something different and brought my laptop, my Wacom tablet and Photoshop. Here are the results. I find that my drawings aren't quite as good yet, and seem to have many of the same issues. I think I will continue to work with it as it might really open up a lot of possibilities if I could get really good. I might also try doing 3d models at a life drawing session, see if I can work fast enough.








And with all of this thought about drawing, it dawned on me today what all this drawing practice is about. When we practice drawing we are trying to break the 2d + 1d mental handicap. I see when my teacher draw, amazing things seem to go on in his head and come out on the paper. I still don't believe that my teacher, or any one, can ever truly break free from our 2d brains and function in 3d, but I think with enough practice in drawing, or other mediums, the outcome is practically indistinguishable.

Kyler

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey, cool idea! Though I agree; tableting is like using a weird new uncomfortable medium for me.

Thanks for writing on mine! is there some kind of interblog messaging system?

-TIffanny