The Perfect Color

Many months ago, I did a review of the game Smilie by Mory Buckman. That review lead me to being asked to help with Mory's next game, the Perfect Color.

I find it's creation to be particularly intriguing because it was accomplished entirely by email. It's been an interesting collaborating across the world, myself in Montreal, Canada; and Mory in Beit Shemesh, Israel. I suspect this design process is not well suited for everyone, but for two people who enjoy blogging and communication through text, it allows for very clear and thoughtful dialogue.

I have been involved with the game since roughly September and have been working on the character designs and animations, though I have also been able to help work through some of the game design choices and play test the game.

To give a little setup for the game, try to consider video games from a new perspective. It is not about getting a high score or winning, in the same way that film, music and painting aren't about those things. Enjoy it. Absorb it. Look carefully, there is no rush. Play it once. Leave it. Play it again later. Try playing it differently. Analyze it, interpret it.

The Perfect Color

It only runs on Windows.

Enjoy

Kyler

3 comments:

Mory said...

In case anyone doesn't want to go through my blog to get to the game, here's the direct link:

http://www.thebuckmans.com/Mory/Perfect.exe

Frood Bird said...

Awesome game, Kyler (and Mory)! :D

Anonymous said...

Apparently the ability to match colors is not genetic, because Kyler is my nephew and I SUCK at it. All the blue hat people are angry with me. Very cool App guys - nice work.

-Uncle D