Twitter

I always hear about Twitter, and decided to just check out the website to see what it was.

What I found: Epic Meme Machine.

From the very outset it is obviously perfectly designed to be spread. Every step of the process maximizes how much it can spread. Things like automatically checking your Gmail address book, suggesting random people to connect with, suggesting famous people to connect with, asking you to invite people from your email address book. You can't even see any content on the website without signing up.

And beyond that, the whole idea is based around messages of less than 140 characters. You can barely even make a meme that takes up less data then that.

No wonder it seems to be taking over the internet.

But I'm staying away, no need to distract me with that junk. I'll just continue using my blog to write nice long posts that not many people read all the way through and have little ability to spread wildly around the world.

At least I will still have my integrity.

Kyler

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Probably many more read your blog than post comments. Hope things are going well in Montreal.

Frood Bird said...

yay for integrity! I'm staying away from Twitter too... facebook is bad enough