A sick XBox 360

Last friday my xbox decided to get sick. I was playing Geometry wars, I think I was at about 70 000 points (my high score is 1.9 million, world high score is about 9.8 million) and the screen when a weird vertical strip picture. I turned it off, hoping this was just one crash, which was a possibility. It turned on, but the ring of green light around the on button started blink red, which seemed bad. I ran to the computer to check what these lights mean. The xbox site says "hardware failure". Ewww...

There steps for fixing this start with disconnecting everything and reconnecting. It turns on for a minute, but soon shuts itself off. I try the online chat support thinking that will be the fasted. It works really well actually, but they only direct me to the phone support because my problem is more serious.

I phone and it only took about 1 minute to talk to a real person and I went through the same sort of troubleshoting I had done before. I end up having to setup up the send in and repair process. The idea behind this is they send me a box and I send it back with the xbox in it. This whole support issue had only take about 1 hour from the time the Xbox quit.

The only problem is that I still haven't received a box to send to them. Hopefully it will come tomorrow, because that is what the lady I talked to today said it would come.

The one week that I actually have real time to play it and it breaks down.

Oh well, on the brightside, I have less distracting me from my EE and HS, except waiting.

Kyler

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

*hugs* kyler. :P:P:P

And I still agree with your brother about geometry wars

-tiff