Christmas and surrounding times

Long time since my last update. Time for a huge recap.

First is some art.

This first piece was a casting project. I cast the cage of our bird who pasted away last year. It was pretty neat. It sort of transformed the cage into a home/memorial.




The next art thing was bronze casting. This was really really fun. I was daring enough to volunteer to be one of the people holding the crucible during the pouring process. I proved to be good at it, however it was exceedingly hard on my arms since it weight probably 70 pounds when it was all filled with bronze.

This is a picture of burning the wax out of the silica sand molds.

Me wearing protective gear.



These were pictures of the crucible filled with bronze coming out of the forge. I am not one of those people.

Here is me getting ready to pick the thing up.
Depth perception is very important, as well as team work to having a successful form. It was peculiar when I was doing it, because I had complete control of the pouring process, but I didn't actually feel like I was the one who was figuring out or actually controlling the pour. Though it did go really well. More pictures of the bronze will follow.

This was some sketching I did for anatomy of eyes, source from Ratatouille.


This was my final drawing project. It is massive. And really conceptual. It is a self-portrait of ACAD. I won't even try to explain.

This was my bronze after an initial cleanup work.

Here he is on his plinth after he was all finished. I also made the plinth

My teacher taking a picture of it.






This sculpture project was really weird. It ended up being me walking from my house to the c-train station I use everyday with a cinder block. And taking pictures along the way. It was sort of a spur of the moment/deadline fueled work that actually ended up being well received by the class.

I got a new camera this month, it does some fancy HDR imaging, here is something it produced. My friends Tiff and Sho.



When our animation class ended, we all went to a pub for lunch which was lots of fun. Hopefully you can tell who our teacher was.













I don't really know who these kids are, they were just at one of the christmas events I was at, and they seemed to make really good pictures.



The above are just some pictures of family that I think are interesting from our christmas get togethers.




And finally pictures from a party at Kim's house. oh the fun.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Years everybody

Kyler

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow, quite the update! It's great to see what you've been up to lately. ^_^