Feelings - An Analogy

I have trouble with feelings. Most notably my own. Sure they are there, and they are important, but sometimes I feel like I need to be a very attentive scientist keeping a watchful eye over a very sensitive detector to ensure I get an accurate reading of what I am feeling. I have to keep a record and than plot out charts to determine my findings.

It’s like detecting earthquakes from halfway around the world. Like the Hubble Telescope taking the Deep Field image. It is like detecting dark matter.

It is both exceedingly easy and exceedingly difficult to live with such feelings. My feelings don’t help me, but they don’t hinder me.

I think this analogy is pretty important because it is something I can work on to improve.

Kyler

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hi kyler, it's me, Jackie. I'm going to start reading your blog. I'm going to try really hard to hold onto the relationships I've formed here. It never works out but it will this time, mark my words.

Also, you're talking like you're a robot. How's that working out?