Ten Thousand Hour Master

There is an idea that if you do anything for ten thousand hours you can become a master at it.  Play ten thousand hours of piano, your a master.  Things like that.

I don't think I have the patients for that.  That is three hours a day for ten years.

That always made me feel a little bit disheartened because who doesn't want to be a master at something.

But today, I realized that while I may not do ten thousand hours of one thing.  I am lucky enough to have chosen a life where I am very slowly building up an enormous amount of creative hours.  I am always drawing, making things in 3d, writing scripts, playing music, recording sound effects, taking pictures, getting inspired by other art, writing blog posts, writing programs and doing any other number of things.

And I think they can all apply to the same big pot of animator ( animator to me is very broad right now ).  So in no time at all I will have ten thousand hours working at animation.  I won't say I am master than, maybe when the scope is so broad and wide, maybe I will need 30000 hours.  But at least I am working my way towards that.

Kyler

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I hate to be that guy... but "patience".