Lies

I don't like going to stores very much anymore.

I don't like looking at many commercial things anymore.

Every sign, picture, word, message, jingle, phrase, logo, tag-line and catch phrase is lying to me.

You said your food was fresh.
You said your restaurant was world famous.
You said this was a triple A grade egg.
You said I was saving money.
You said this was a great deal.
You said this was a guarantee.
You said I was helping the environment.
You said I wasn't cutting down trees.

But it's all lies, all the time.

Just tell the truth and I will buy your products.  But don't try to tell me your telling the truth, because that would probably be a lie.

Good luck economy

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

well...you're quite right. I guess at my advanced age and stage of cynicism I just assume most (all?) advertising is BS or at the least full of hair splitting fine print.
Have a good trip back to Montreal and final semester.
AB

Anonymous said...

I know what will make you feel better:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XGiW-jLYM6U

RS

hrmustang said...

Wow I really like your blog. It's creative, you have awesome ideas. So great. Check out mine if you find the time haha. but no your's is sincerely really cool... i hope yuo update frequently :)

Houston Shrader said...

Nice dude. If you don't mind, feel free to check out my blog at http://houstonshradergames.blogspot.com/ I am new to blogging and am trying to get noticed by the community, thanks! =)