Edmonton

My first few days of the trip have been quite successful. I stayed a Nick and Robyn's for one night and then got transferred over to my Granny Deanna's house.

We have been quite busy doing things. We went to the Science Center and most notably saw an Imax movie about Van Gogh. Imax is really a remarkable format to see. I don't think it is a good format choice for most movies, but when it is used wisely it is really effective. It really allows the audience to see things better than they could in reality. It is really quite a strenuous activity to see so thoroughly, and probably wouldn't be great for a feature length film. It should also be noted that in Imax, only a rather small portion of the screen ever holds the real important stuff, the outside edge of the screen is only ever used to enhance the experience, it never holds important content.

Also, from watching the film about Van Gogh I realize that you can't be a great artist now by being a great painter like he was. Painting was the forefront of art at the time, it no longer is at the moment. It is never the medium that makes the art, it is the artist.

And today I did some digitization of old photographs. It is quite remarkable to see the similarity that me and my brother have with my fathers childhood photos.










Last but not least, I went with my Grandma to a wake boarding festival at the waterpark. It proved to be quite a good place for photography. I finally realize why sport photographers depend on SLRs for their photos. I have to say that the photographer pictured below is quite daring to bring all of that equipment into the pool. Thousands of dollars worth of eqipment ruined with one slipup.









As always, there are more photographs in the album linked through the photos.

Kyler

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Fully agree with your points here. All the posts are fully informative and having very good themes. I love to visit your blog again and again its really increase my knowledge. Thanks for the awesome post. painters edmonton