My Summer Job

A few weeks ago I was directed by a friend to look into a job posting by Parks Canada. They were calling for about 30 university students to become videographers for the summer. I applied right away and was accepted into the second part of the application process in which I had to make a 1 minute video explaining why I was the right person for this Canada Parks Job.

Here is a link the the video that I produced:

Kyler's Parks Canada Application Video


It was sort of interesting that what inspired me most in making that application video was watching other people's application videos. Most peoples video's were extremely focused on the Parks Canada Job at hand. There was no way that I could do any better in that field, so I instead went ahead with selling myself as exactly what I am, which is an animation student, a photographer and an artists.

I will admit the video is a little bit dramatic, but apparently it worked. I got the job with Parks Canada and will spend the summer shooting video in and around the Banff National Park.

There are still many little details to work out but, at least I am certain now this summer will be entirely too interesting.

Kyler

No comments: