StoryBoard Final : the MicroSculptor



Here is my final project for my storyboarding class.

This class has been immensely useful to me. I think I have been quite limited by my ability to make stories to animate. I had a lot of difficulty coming up with stories by storyboarding them. This is likely because I have a very spacial mind. When I think of a scene, it is 3d dimensional. I think about the volumes and spaces I want to work with. However, since I'm not very imaginative, this lead to bland scenes because I can't flesh them out quickly in my mind.

However in this class I learned how to write a standard film script. They have very particular rules and conventions that keep everything extremely straight forward. Because of this, I can be more creative in thinking out the story without giving any thought to the actual scene and how it will look and fit together.

Between the script and storyboard, I than have room to design characters, the scenery and props.

By breaking up the whole process into more manageable pieces, the output is at a completely different level.

Kyler

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Bravo Kyler

Fantastic work...... I like the story......

Love M