So much power

At school today I found out today how much computer power I have a my disposal to render my 3d animations(rendering means having the computer create all of the individual frames using math). On my last film, each frame took about 1 min to render. I had 7 min of video, 30 frames per second, that is lots of rendering. I had to simplify all of my 3d scenes, so that they would render faster. But not this year. In the computer lab, all of the computers are set up so that I can distribute my rendering on all of them during non-school hours. This means I will have about 30 computers, that are almost always avaible, and all faster then my computer working as much as I can make them.

I can set every setting to the highest that is even remotely neccesary, and I still won't be able to fill them up.

I can't wait. This is like having a 20-30 thousand dollar rendering farm all to myself, because no one else in the school ever does any 3d animation. I have a monopole, more like a communist dictatorship because of the division of work.

This is the best motivation for me to actually get my movie made.


I can't wait.

Tonight it is the first test, I am rendering a video for grade 9 orientation for multimedia club.


I feel so great

Kyler

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

THE WORLD IS YOUR OYSTER KYLER!!! :D;D

HAPPY INTERNATION CAPSLOCK DAY