Transit

As odd as it might seem, I actually enjoy the Calgary transit system. Every day I have 2 uninterrupted hours of free time in which I can listen to podcast, listen to music, read books, read stuff for homework, be social with other people or play videogames. If I drove I would never get that many options. It's almost as if life is forcing me to have some free time, and it is probably very healthy (not that i really am in dire need of free time as I know some people are).

Thankfully I have a very nice route which assures that I always get a seat on the train, and my bus is reliable.

Kyler

2 comments:

msydor said...

I definitely agree with you that having those hours of forced downtime are great. But, next year I still don't want to have to take transit to school after having lived SO close.

I think last year I actually just slipped into a trance, and would wake up just as I got to school. Most of the time I just couldn't remember anything distinct about the rides in the morning.

Erucolindo said...

garhhh!!!! not fari...not fair...I want time to not think!