In Montreal

Well I have been in Montreal for almost two weeks now. Most of that time has consisted of outfitting the apartment which I have moved in to. I don't really want to post pictures until we actually finish setting everything up. I'm still trying to find some couches for the living room. After that, I will be pretty much satisfied.

I have also been starting to warm up my brain for school. Reading books, doing math, drawing, looking over old stuff. I'm fairly certain that this will be one of the years that I work the most in school. I'm excited for every class.

To comment on living in the city, my favorite part about it is that I can leave home on foot and get everything I could possibly need without the use of a car. It is incredible that I have at the very least, 4 grocery stores which I would consider in walking distance.

I'm living with my friend Stuart, and as far as roommate situations, I don't think it could be any better. We are both fairly inexperienced when it comes to living alone, and I feel completely comfortable experimenting with things. Take for instance my first week here, I sleep on the floor on some blankets and a jackets. It may not have been very comfortable, but it wasn't that bad. I'm happy to know that really, beds are a luxury that I wouldn't want to live without. It feels like I am starting to develop a better first hand knowledge of what it means to live.

The other great thing about living with Stuart is that there is a never ending stream of games we play. It started last year with chess, but has moved through many different games. Some boards games, some video games. There is competition, but we also play somethings cooperatively, and it becomes more an exercise in improvement for both of us.

I am going to continued posting about the trip, but I will also keep up with new posts like this one.

Kyler

1 comment:

Kyler said...

just testing the comments