New Design

I finally just had to sort of mash a new blog design together. I find blogger extremely confusing to start from scratch, so I had to just mess with a template until I got what I wanted.

I am still going to be working on it in the future, but I hope it works for now.

My intentions are first of all to make my blog easier to read. I'm trying to make the text as legible as possible by making it black on white, with an easy to read font that is fairly large.

I've gotten rid of all of the extraneous design because I didn't make it. I dislike having had used a template that had someone else's aesthetic in it. So I'm starting from scratch.

This new template of extreme simplicity also represents how I like to type on the computer. I use a full screen text editor that actually looks a lot like how the blog looks now.

And finally I wanted to make sure the posts were central to my design. The title of the newest post is now at the top, and the blog title has been put to the side.

Any comments about the design will be useful as I am still working on it. Does it work in your browser? Does it work with your screen size? Is it actually easier to read?



Kyler

10 comments:

Mory said...

This is a great start. Already it doesn't look like other blogs, and that's something to be proud of. Seriously, I wish I'd done something like this.

Mory said...

Okay, I do have one tiny criticism, and I know you'll take it with a grain of salt since you know what a mess my blog is. But I think the two pictures on the right distract from the post. I can understand why you want to show off your work prominently, so I won't argue with that. But as for the self-portrait, I think it would fit the new aesthetic better if you cleaned up the image to just have a black outline on white, and put it under the title on the left.

..but that's just me. Again, no need to take comments from your inferiors in the visual department.

Mory said...

Oh, one more thing. The official title of this blog is now "i<br> hate<br> kyler club", which looks a bit weird in e-mails. I'm sure that's not necessary. I'm not at all familiar with the current Blogger language (I'm using the obsolete one), but a quick check seems to indicate that the title tag is "<b:include name='title'/>". Expand the widgets, look for that, and replace it with "i<br> hate<br> kyler club", and then you can set the title back to the way it was. Not that this is the tiniest bit important, I'm just a bit obsessive.

Kyler said...

Just testing to see if I fixed the title.

I'm going to work on my profile image. It's been the same one for a long time so I should update it.

Thanks for the input. It is very much appreciated.

Even though your blog may be a mess in the background, it is definitely the most well design blog i've seen with all the custom features it has.

Kyler said...

Okay, now I've done it.

Mory said...

Okay, that's not working. Now that you've changed the code it no longer links to the main page. I guess you'll need to put the link in manually.

Kyler said...

Now it is linked. I generally don't click on blog titles, so I hadn't thought of that.

Anonymous said...

If you're looking for easy to read, then my only comment is that they don't call it "The Greatest Page in the Universe" for nothing.

-Z

Mory said...

The new "My Photos" link has a typo: you wrote "<a hre=" instead of "<a href=". Obviously, it's not appearing as a link.

Mory said...

I like the new right side.