Tech Era

I've always been excited about the prospect of new technology in the future. I remember when I was little, I felt I would be satisfied if video games were in 3d and looked as good a some early CG rendering I had seen. Those hopes have long been satisfied. This month however, I almost feel as though I could say we are on the edge of a completely new era in technology.

The reason for this is that I got an iPod touch. For the first time I feel as though I can easily carry around most of the abilities I need to exist in contact with the internet. Before this time I would have had to carry around a laptop which simply isn't feasible. Wireless internet is now just about prevalent enough that it can be found almost anywhere (at least in Montreal) with a little bit of searching and luck.

Previously being up to date with the internet made me feel as though I needed to be tied to a computer. I almost felt that with the internet everywhere it might grow to eat up more of my time, but what I have found is that I feel more liberated than anything.

I've always been a technophile, and I am generally willing to bend over backwards to have my technology work. This is one of the first times that I have felt that overall, nothing has been complicated and I have not sacrificed anything.

I guess what actually has just happened is that I have witness a new advancement in the process of memetic evolution.

Kyler

No comments: